Monday, October 24, 2011

Wholesale Showroom Re-Design of Home View Design

I just recently finished a wholesale accessory showroom redesign, located in Pomona CA.  The challenge of this project for me was to de-clutter the showroom and find the best possible solution in displaying their merchandise.

Here are some before images:

The image of this space is located within the main 
entrance of the 1st showroom

Before

Before

Before

Before, image of the 2nd showroom


So you can pretty much see all the clutter that I was talking about, everything just really all blended in together and no one accessory really stood out while in the space.

After visiting this space in person I got a better feel of what I was working with and a few ideas came to mind.  The showroom space consisted of two separate spaces, a solid wall with a wide door opening separated the two spaces.  My over all idea for both spaces was to neutralize the wall paint colors. For the first space I was thinking of a neutral warm beige paint color for the entire space, and for the second space I was thinking to do more of a contemporary creative design but something not too busy that will help move the eye around the room.

I first came up with a couple of conceptual space plan ideas and a few inspirational images in order to give my client an idea of what we could do with the space.  I grabbed these images online after a little bit of research.

(Conceptual image)
I knew that I wanted to bring the merchandise up, in
order to de-clutter and help spread out the merchandise


(Conceptual image)
I was thinking of a stripe, more contemporary
design for the second space.

Conceptual Space Plan - In this plan the main entrance to the showroom
is located on the left hand side of the plan, the back doors leading to the warehouse

Conceptual Space Plan



My conceptual space consisted of existing furniture in which most of it was located in the showroom, the extra shelves units  in which about a half dozen were stored in their warehouse was a must to bring in order to bring in more shelving space and help bring items up to eye level.

I then hand drafted and came up w/ a more permanent space plan after knowing the amount of shelves I was able to use.


Final Space Plan - Main entrance located on the right hand side, 
warehouse entrance on the very bottom.

On the first day of this project, we cleared the entire space of the accessories which were placed out in the warehouse.  They were organized and placed by categories, such as garden, Christmas items, etc.

After both space were cleared, we began to paint.  I had a lot of hands on in this project so I also painted.  I started in the second space because I had planned to do a stripe design which consisted of a couple different colors but of the sane hue.  I chose to go gray because it's really just one of my favorite colors at the moment and it's still a very neutral color.

Below are a few images of the paint process within the second space. (stripe design painted by me)






Here is an image of the extra shelves that I brought in from their warehouse, I also had all of them painted to white in order to keep the furniture more consistent and just update and freshen up their look.

Before

After

Here are the rest & final images of the project.

After images of 1st showroom space:

1st Showroom - Main entrance


Center Wall Art Vignette


Christmas Items

Nativity Items - Center Table

Nativity Items - Center Table

Christmas Items

All of the Christmas items were place in the first showroom, the collection was quite large.

After images of the 2nd Showroom Space:

2nd Showroom - Safari Vignette


Wall Art & Floor Stools Display

More Wall Art

Contemporary Items

View from entrance into 2nd showroom space.


Close up of contemporary vignette





Buddha Vignette

The back area of the space - Location for all Garden items

Frog Vignette - Garden items

More garden items

Bird House Vignette


Beach Items Vignette

Brief Description:

The entire project took 10 days.  I had 2-3 assistants throughout the project which helped out with the painting of the furniture and walls, as well as placing some of the merchandise by placing them in their designated location.  I worked on the space plan, merchandising, painting and I also put up wall paper for a center divider wall located within the 2nd showroom. (wallpaper located behind the Buddha, beach items, safari and bird house vignettes)

Home View Design a Wholesale showroom sells home accessories produced from China to retail chains, such as Home Goods, Marshalls, & TJ Max, etc.























No comments: